Team Challenge - Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
The Michelob ULTRA Chicago 13.1® Marathon has partnered with the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) for the 2014 event.
Known collectively as inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis affect 1 in 200 Americans. They are painful, medically incurable diseases that attack the digestive system.
Team Challenge is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America's endurance training and fundraising program. Through Team Challenge, you will be professionally coached and ready to run or walk a half marathon, make lasting friendships, and have the experience of a lifetime while raising critical funds for these debilitating digestive diseases.
To learn more about training with Team Challenge, visit www.ccteamchallenge.org or call 1.866.931.2611. To learn more about the cause or to make a donation to CCFA, click here.
Half Marathon Training: 13.1 Miles!
Get fit, make friends, and change the lives of others–as part of Team Challenge, you can do all of this and more! Team Challenge is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America's endurance training and fundraising program. With Team Challenge, you'll find new strength inside yourself, and help find cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, two painful, seldom-discussed and debilitating digestive diseases. With our Half Marathon Training Program, you'll train for a rewarding and exciting 13.1 mile endurance event at one of the great destination races while raising vital funds for research into these diseases. These dollars will help new treatments possible and fuel the search for cures.
Team Challenge Participants Receive:
- Personalized fitness training by an experience coach over 16 weeks in 32 cities throughout the country.
- An expense-paid weekend at a great destination race, including transportation, accomodations, race entry fees, and entertainment when you commit to this fundraising program.
- A Team Manager, a dedicated staff person from CCFA who coordinates team events, guides you through fundraising, and is your #1 personal cheerleader.
- All the tools and help you need to raise your funds – you'll even get your own free web page for fundraising support.
- Resources, clinics, helpful tips on nutrition, hydration, injury prevention, and more.
- Team Challenge swag including a Team Challenge t-shirt when you sign up, plus a singlet for the race.
Engineers Without Borders (EWB-USA) is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to partnering with developing communities around the world. EWB-USA provides engineering services through volunteer chapter members to implement the infrastructure necessary to meet basic human needs. The Chicagoland Professionals Chapter (EWB-CPC), founded in 2005,has six active programs in four countries (Honduras, Guatemala, Burkino Faso and Kenya). Each program requires a minimum 5 year commitment with a community. In our eight-year history we have completed three programs (in Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala) and adopted six additional communities directly impacting approximately17,000 people and indirectly affecting over 36,000 in the communities’ surrounding areas. Our projects include building community wells, flood mitigation, pedestrian and vehicle bridges, energy management systems, sanitation and latrine systems, water storage and distribution systems and other infrastructure needs that the communities identify. To learn more about the work done by EWB-CPC, visit ewb-usa-chicago.org. For more details about running for EWB-CPC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.